Auspice Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now, is that gratitude?

Go down

Now, is that gratitude? Empty Now, is that gratitude?

Post  Lycidia Tue May 26, 2009 2:48 pm

I've been a little slow on the updates this month due to ongoing issues with flu, and also just basic ingratitude on my part.

See, I'm finding that, as linkshell leader, I take pitiful loot pools personally. It just feels like SE is messing with me on purpose just to make me cranky. I kinda envisioned my job as a linkshell owner as this amazing Santa Clause gig. I watch over my boys and girls to see whether they're naughty or nice, and if they're nice, I give them toys and candy, pat them on the head, and promise that there's more where that came from.

For some reason, though, my gift-giving desire is being thwarted. Constantly.

Take our Suzaku on May 13th: we took 13 people up to sky and had possibly one of the saddest loot pools in my game life. I blamed the unlucky numbers, because there wasn't much else to do. I mean, seriously, you wanna tell me what this is all about?

Now, is that gratitude? Ffxi_20090513_224204-1

Grats Verity on the pants. Everybody needs a little more green in their lives, probably. But...I mean...lame.

Then, a couple of days later, we went back up to take care of a couple of Byakko pops we had, and it really starts to get tricky.

First run we get this:

Now, is that gratitude? Ffxi_20090520_212131

Now, please note that haidate had already dropped when I thought to take my stupid screenshot. I was sitting there thinking, "We got the pants, why do I feel cheated?" when I realized I was falling down on picture duty.

BUT LAME! WE ONLY GOT HAIDATE! UGH!

Grats on pants, Shantar. Took you years to get them, and we got them on our first Byakko, but I'm still pissed due to not being able to give anybody else presents. Seriously, we couldn't have gotten 3-4 pair?

And also, grats on e.feet...dirt. A little fertilizer for you.

Second Byakko looked like this:

Now, is that gratitude? Ffxi_20090520_215158-1

Which, again...was exactly what we were looking for (grants on hands, Dece). But still. Lame looking loot pool, right?

So that's two priority wish list items off the To Do list in just one night, which is pretty fabulous. Apparently, though, I was kinda hoping for a couple of Love Torques or something.

I don't know why I'm so hard to please.
Lycidia
Lycidia
Bitch WHM

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum