Auspice Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My theory on how to beat AV

2 posters

Go down

My theory on how to beat AV Empty My theory on how to beat AV

Post  Lycidia Tue May 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Sometimes I think you are more defined by the drops you throw away in this game than by the drops you get.

I mean, think about it. So there are people whose sigs say, "xxxZZPWNZRZZxxx Obtains Four Salvage Bodies, three relics, and your mom." So what? That guy's obviously just a lootwhore. But when you see, "You throw away an Ares Cuirass" then you know you've beaten the game. Or else you're an idiot. Either way.

The point is, there are certain things you can assume, based on what a linkshell does and does not need to achieve. If you start giving away Byakko's Haidate to White Mages who have Bard at 54...well...either you're idiots or you've filled that need in your linkshell and have moved on to d.bodies and w.legs. If your Red Mages all have Fortitude Torques (even the ones that don't tank) and your Paladins all have Altruistic Capes (even the ones that tank badly), then you know that Justice must be really messing with your minds.

Tossing stuff--whether on the ground or at people who don't really need it--makes you cool. Don't confuse "cool" with "frustrated and mad as hell at random drop rates." These are two different things.

Tossing stuff makes you cool. Period.

My theory on how to beat AV Ffxi_20090510_221258-2

The only real exception to this rule is these stupid virtue weapons. Seriously, what's with these?

I mean...it's like Despot dropping a Scarecrow Scythe every time. Even crystals are more valuable--at least you can get 15 gil for them from an NPC.

So I'm thinking that clearly they're the key to beating AV. Why else would SE do something so pointless as to make them 100% drops? SE loves us and wouldn't mess with us that way.

I'm thinking this is the way to do it:

1. Everybody collect all the weapons from each of the jailers.
2. After AV spawns, gather around him.
3. When he asks, "Tell me... for what sssearcheth thou, to travel this far? Show me... by what principlesss art thou driven?" collectively toss all your virtue weapons.
4. Two-hour on general principle. It's a friendly way to say, "Screw you, dude, not only do we not need weapons, we don't even think you're worth saving our two-hours."

When he sees the big pile of useless junk at his feet, he'll understand that you're mad and you're just not going to take it any more. At which point he'll take pity on you and give you goodies. Cause he is, basically, a good guy.

Alternately, the huge amount of crap will trip him up and he'll accidentally hit his macro for Mijin Gakure instead of Call Wyvern. If that happens, then the next time around, you'd better do a /heal right after your /toss, so that you can huddle safely behind the aforementioned huge pile of worthless crap and avoid the wipe.

I'm not sure which will happen, so we'll have to test this theory more fully.

For a while I thought maybe you should just trade your weapons to the Ebon panels, get your recycling receipt, and throw THOSE at him. But of course every Ebon panel theory so far has been disproved, so I figure I'll just skip that step.

After testing, I'll post more. Give me a couple of months. Oknp?

My theory on how to beat AV Auspice-1
Lycidia
Lycidia
Bitch WHM

Back to top Go down

My theory on how to beat AV Empty Re: My theory on how to beat AV

Post  Seibar Thu May 14, 2009 11:20 am

maybe you have to preform 100 weapon skills against him using those lovely weapons!?

.. your silly lyc I love you

My theory on how to beat AV Mhcleanup
Seibar
Seibar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lycidia Thu May 14, 2009 11:54 am

Awww, are you giving you on your ghorn?

And been doing some Golden Salvage, have we?

Where were you last night when we were doing Nyzul 41-55, btw?
Lycidia
Lycidia
Bitch WHM

Back to top Go down

Post  Seibar Thu May 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Shocked sorry luvvin, i was watching the caps at playoff then there was 3 hrs of lost to catchup on!

i'm up to 50 now though btw Very Happy

and those tosses r rly old, i couldn't find anything better! Suspect
Seibar
Seibar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum